On May 29, 2011 Environmental Science Teacher Stephen Bailey and a student presenter provided an overview of Livermore High School's extensive waste reduction efforts to student leaders and teachers at the Leadership and Environmental Action Forum.
Livermore's efforts include:
- Campus-wide indoor and outdoor recycling stations
- Battery recycling and recharging stations
- Energy monitoring and efficiency upgrades
- Partnerships with local businesses to divert coffee grounds to compost
- Extensive participation by a wide range of student clubs and individuals
- Service-learning opportunities for students in a wide range of classes