- Develop a formal school policy to reduce the use of paper.
- Encourage double sided photocopying and printing.
- Match print runs to the number of users
- Encourage the use of half sheets of paper when possible
- Students and staff adjust print and copy margins to “right size” the paper for each job
- Office staff implement efforts to reduce the use of fax cover sheets when possible
- Reuse envelopes by covering old addresses and postage.
- Classrooms implement a “back sided paper policy” to encourage writing on both sides of a sheet of paper
- Students create “Think BeforeYou Print” signs for all computers at school
- Use email instead of paper copies for regularly issued staff or parent newsletters, erectile bulletins or memos whenever possible
- Printers and copiers are set by default to make double sided prints
- Promote “paper free” or “no print” days three times during the school year to encourage the habit of printing only what is needed
- Install hand dryers in restrooms to reduce paper towel use
Login and add your ideas to the comment section of this page